Transfer of Marital House for Pension Waiver

Let's assume you want your spouse to waive his or her rights to your pension and in exchange for said waiver, you will give up and transfer all of your rights, title and interests to the marital home. Or, the opposite may be true: You wish to keep the rights, title and interest in your home in exchange for waiving your right to your spouse's pension.

I can assist you with such equitable distribution of your marital property, and I will draft all of the real estate closing transfer documents to effectuate this desire as a part of your divorce action.

The key is to ascertain the values of the equity in the house against the pension rights and to see if we are comparing apples with apples. If the values are not equal, we can often do an "off set" QDRO (qualified domestic relations order) to achieve the your desired result.

It Takes An Experienced Lawyer To Navigate These Types Of Transfers

Property division takes a skilled hand to ensure the result is not only just, but fair or equitable. I have more than 25 years of experience handling tricky divorce cases, experience I can draw upon to help you achieve a successful outcome. Contact my firm in Staten Island at 718-720-1000 for a free consultation today.